Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Refreshing Herbal Water Recipes

I love refreshing herbal water~ while I was on vacation I stopped into this super cute little shop in Rockford, Michigan.  Sage & Roses is a dried floral and gift shop that smelled amazing!  They had a table set out with yummy crackers and spreads that they sell, and they had a beautiful pitcher filled with ice and herbal water.  It was 90+ outside so the water was a welcome treat.  I thought I would share a couple of their recipes with you!

Sage & Roses Favorite Blend:
**Ice water, citrus fruit including lemons, limes and oranges, lemon verbena, pansies, violas and rose petals or calendula flowers.

Sage & Roses Second Favorite Blend: (my personal favorite)
**Ice water, lavender and rose petals.  You can also add one or more slices of lemon, lime and oranges.

More Herbal favorites:
*Cucumbers and peppermint with Nasturtium flowers
*Fresh raspberries or blackberries and peppermint

Edible flowers (I love to add these to my salads~the colors are amazing)
Pansies, violas, roses, lavender, nasturtium, lilacs.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I miss my little garden in CA where I grew all those lovely things. The berries with peppermint sounds really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockford Michigan?!?! I'm in Michigan! I foresee a road trip in the very near future to check out this shop in person! Great post - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been warm here, as well. Those herbal waters DO sound really good. Thanks for sharing! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am refreshed just reading your descriptions!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound amazing!

    I love herbal tea but these would be perfect for me to drink when it's hot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those waters sound amazing! I'm going to have to try mulberries and peppermint. (My rasperry bush isn't doing well and has no raspberries currently.)

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    Cheers :-)
    - CoconutPalmDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  7. YumEE! I can't believe how refreshing these look!

    ReplyDelete